Friday, May 8, 2009

The beginning of our invitations!

I've spent a lot of time looking at invitations, ordering samples, and looking at even more invitations. I LOVE all the unique letterpress invitations out there but they were definitely out of our budget. While we aren't having a budget wedding per se; we want to save money on the things that aren't as important to us so we can splurge on the things that are. At the same time, having an invitation that's unique was important.

I found the petal invitations on Paper Source but the kits they had definitely weren't us. I created a vision of something I liked, ordered the paper, and I'm so happy with the results. Simple, bright, colorful, and definitely not your typical wedding invitation!

The assembly is in progress and thanks to my fabulous girlfriends they're almost done! We spent 2 short evenings cutting the circles out, cutting them in half, and gluing them to the petals. The next night we finished up cutting out the envelope liners and glued them on. Here they are in progress:

Kim cutting out the envelope liners-we had a template from Paper Source.

Fiskers adjustable circle cutter made this go quickly!


Andrea gluing on the circles


Almost done!!



No comments:

Post a Comment